Snus has been around for centuries, but has really been on the rise in recent years. Our Swedish fellow humans are a big fan of this tobacco variant.
Do you happen to be at the stage when you are considering using snus? Then you are probably curious about more information about this product. Especially information about the effect of snus is in great demand. Read on for more information on this topic. We take a closer look at the effects, potential risks and the associated consequences of snus.
What exactly does snus mean?
Snus contains tobacco, but is not smoked. In a nutshell, snus means that you still use tobacco and get nicotine into your body, while you do not have to smoke for this. It is therefore a well-known alternative to smoking itself.
There are different types of snus use. The most famous are:
- Swedish snus: A very popular form of snus that is often used mainly in Scandinavia. This snus is dry and you place it under your upper lip for a certain time.
- Snus without tobacco: The name says it all, this snus contains no tobacco. An example of this are the popular nicotine pouches. This form is also on the rise in the Netherlands.
- Snus without tobacco and nicotine: Finally, there is also the snus that ignores both tobacco and nicotine. The latter variant therefore contains the least equivalent ingredients as the original cigarette.
The effect of snus
After this clarification about what snus exactly is and what forms of snus there are, it is time to look at the effect of snus. What is the effect of snus on the body?
The most prominent effects of snus result from nicotine. Nicotine is a drug that has a certain effect on you. The nicotine is in the snus and the nicotine pouches.
The advantage of snus and nicotine pouches compared to smoking is that the nicotine is absorbed less quickly by the body. Positive effects of snus and nicotine pouches are:
- Relaxed feeling: For a short time you will experience a feeling of relaxation and slightly euphoric thanks to the nicotine.
- Improved concentration: As well as the relaxed feeling, the improved concentration remains applicable for a short while.
- Cheerful feeling: A cheerful feeling is the only thing that lingers longer than the rest. This is the result of an increased level of adrenaline in the blood.
With the average use of the aforementioned products, it takes a few minutes before the above effects become noticeable. On average, it takes longer than smoking to experience them, but they also linger longer. This feeling can last between 30 and 40 minutes.
One of the known effects of snus is that, after placing a bag of snus, the user experiences a tingling or a slight burning sensation on the gums. This depends purely on the composition and the nicotine content of the nicotine pouch.
People with heart problems or a certain heart condition would do well to avoid all forms of nicotine. Do you sometimes suffer from cardiac arrhythmias, high blood pressure, are you pregnant or are you currently breastfeeding? Then we recommend not to use products with nicotine.
Buy nicotine pouches
For more information about nicotine pouches or to order one of the many different flavors, you can of course contact us!